4 weeks, 7 hours per week
(28 total hours) Test
$399**with limited time promotional code: CogBuilderLaunch; discount is valid through August 31, 2017
BECOME A DATA INNOVATOR
The Cognitive Builder Course from Galvanize is an online course that includes training videos, tutorials and hands-on activities that is designed to help you become a data innovator with IBM Watson.
This course is for developers with basic programming skills in Python who are curious about how to leverage the power of Watson in building their applications. Students will see an immediate use case for these technologies in their current job function.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A familiarity with cognitive technologies, their functions and use cases
- How to design intelligent products
- How artificial intelligence can solve new business problems
- Skills needed to prototype, integrate and deploy cognitive technologies
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
- Professionally-designed entirely online curriculum featuring videos, tutorials and assessments
- Instructor-led online discussion
- Optional virtual or in-person sessions at IBM Cognitive Builder Spaces, on Galvanize campuses.
- Hands-on projects that simulate an on-the-job environment
Jean-Francois (Jeff) Omhover
Instructor, Sr Data Scientist
Innovative computer scientist with more than a decade of experience researching and teaching at a leading French engineering school. Empowerment driven instructor for PhD, graduate and undergraduate level students, with one foot always in the field. Manager of large-scale multidisciplinary scientific projects. Instrumental for the understanding of requirements, feasibility, user centered value and development strategy while providing technical and scientific leadership. Engaging collaboration with cross-functional teams such as product designers, mechanical engineers, sociologists, cognitive psychologists, marketing and end-users, to identify key intelligent technologies to support customer needs and business requirements. Prompt to prototype ideas, skilled in managing their development and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
Setting up Bluemix / Watson in Python
Introduction to Cognitive Technologies
- What is Machine Learning?
- Main components of BlueMix / Watson
- Using ToneAnalyzer to detect emotions in natural language
- Using VisualRecognition to classify images
Cognitive Technologies & Business
- Opportunities offered by Cognitive Technologies
- Designing an Intelligent product
- Mining insights using Discovery
- Designing a conversational agent using Conversation
Cognitive Design Roles
- Solving a business problems with intelligent technologies
- Intelligent system architecture
- Deployment phase concerns and how to solve them
Develop a prototype
- Development processes for intelligent products and systems
- Developing a prototype based on ML/AI functionalities
- Assembling components of the Bluemix Platform
START YOUR PATH TO BECOMING A DATA INNOVATOR
Apply now for the Cognitive Builder course to learn how to frame data problems, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and their hands-on application using IBM Watson.