4 weeks, 7 hours per week
(28 total hours)
BECOME A DATA INNOVATOR
The Cognitive Builder Course from Galvanize is an online course that includes training videos, tutorials and hands-on activities that is designed to help you become a data innovator with IBM Watson.
This course is for developers with basic programming skills in Python who are curious about how to leverage the power of Watson in building their applications. Students will see an immediate use case for these technologies in their current job function.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A familiarity with cognitive technologies, their functions and use cases
- How to design intelligent products
- How artificial intelligence can solve new business problems
- Skills needed to prototype, integrate and deploy cognitive technologies
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
- Professionally-designed entirely online curriculum featuring videos, tutorials and assessments
- Instructor-led online discussion
- Optional virtual or in-person sessions at IBM Cognitive Builder Spaces, on Galvanize campuses.
- Hands-on projects that simulate an on-the-job environment
Setting up IBM Cloud / Watson in Python
Introduction to Cognitive Technologies
- What is Machine Learning?
- Main components of IBM Cloud / Watson
- Using ToneAnalyzer to detect emotions in natural language
- Using VisualRecognition to classify images
Cognitive Technologies & Business
- Opportunities offered by Cognitive Technologies
- Designing an Intelligent product
- Mining insights using Discovery
- Designing a conversational agent using Conversation
Cognitive Design Roles
- Solving a business problems with intelligent technologies
- Intelligent system architecture
- Deployment phase concerns and how to solve them
Develop a Prototype
- Development processes for intelligent products and systems
- Developing a prototype based on ML/AI functionalities
- Assembling components of the IBM Cloud Platform
START YOUR PATH TO BECOMING A DATA INNOVATOR
Apply now for the Cognitive Builder course to learn how to frame data problems, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and their hands-on application using IBM Watson.