Cognitive Builder was created to build engaged communities of thought leaders
and practitioners in Cognitive and Data industries.
Interested in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence? You can learn these skills and the practical application using Watson in a 4 week course with just 6 online hours per week. Develop familiarity with cognitive technologies, their functions, and use cases with hands-on projects that simulate an on-the-job environment. Sign up now for classes starting soon!
Join an innovative community of application builders for an amazing 3-days of hands on learning and discover how to become a data innovator. Whether you've been a data scientist for years or you are just getting started, this is the forum to engage with experts from leading research institutes and industry leaders to become the next-level application builder.
Bringing together local experts with Galvanize and IBM technical leaders, the spaces will allow you to engage with the local data science community in a collaborative and design-focused environment to build cognitive products and applications on the Watson Cloud Platform. Connect with your customers and transform your industry. See the list of Cognitive Builder Spaces below!
4 weeks, 7 hours per week
(28 total hours)
$399**with limited time promotional code: CogBuilderLaunch; discount is valid through July 31, 2017
BECOME A DATA INNOVATOR
The Cognitive Builder Course from Galvanize is an online course that includes training videos, tutorials and hands-on activities that is designed to help you become a data innovator with IBM Watson.
This course is for developers with basic programming skills in Python who are curious on how to leverage the power of Watson in application builds. By incorporating the power of Watson in project development, students will find multiple use-case applications post a successful completion of the course.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A familiarity with cognitive technologies, their functions and use cases
- How to design intelligent products
- How artificial intelligence can solve new business problems
- Skills needed to prototype, integrate and deploy cognitive technologies
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
- Professionally-designed entirely online curriculum featuring videos, tutorials and assessments
- Instructor-led online discussion
- Optional virtual or in-person sessions at IBM Cognitive Builder Spaces, on Galvanize campuses.
- Hands-on projects that simulate an on-the-job environment
Jean-Francois (Jeff) Omhover
Instructor, Sr Data Scientist
Innovative computer scientist with more than a decade of experience researching and teaching at a leading French engineering school. Empowerment driven instructor for PhD, graduate and undergraduate level students, with one foot always in the field. Manager of large-scale multidisciplinary scientific projects. Instrumental for the understanding of requirements, feasibility, user centered value and development strategy while providing technical and scientific leadership. Engaging collaboration with cross-functional teams such as product designers, mechanical engineers, sociologists, cognitive psychologists, marketing and end-users, to identify key intelligent technologies to support customer needs and business requirements. Prompt to prototype ideas, skilled in managing their development and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
Setting up Bluemix / Watson in Python
Introduction to Cognitive Technologies
- What is Machine Learning?
- Main components of BlueMix / Watson
- Using ToneAnalyzer to detect emotions in natural language
- Using VisualRecognition to classify images
Cognitive Technologies & Business
- Opportunities offered by Cognitive Technologies
- Designing an Intelligent product
- Mining insights using Discovery
- Designing a conversational agent using Conversation
Cognitive Design Roles
- Solving a business problems with intelligent technologies
- Intelligent system architecture
- Deployment phase concerns and how to solve them
Develop a prototype
- Development processes for intelligent products and systems
- Developing a prototype based on ML/AI functionalities
- Assembling components of the Bluemix Platform
START YOUR PATH TO BECOMING A DATA INNOVATOR
Apply now for the Cognitive Builder course to learn how to frame data problems, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and their hands-on application using IBM Watson.
Mid-beginner to intermediate
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
(3 hours of tutorials and 12 hours hands-on build time)
COGNITIVE BUILDER FAIRE
Join an innovative community of application builders for an amazing 3-days of learning and discover how to become a data innovator. Whether you've been a data scientist for years or you are just getting started, this is the forum to engage with experts from leading research institutes and industry leaders to become the next-level application builder.
SUGGESTED ROLES OF ATTENDEESIf you work in one of the following areas, this is a must attend event:
- Data Science
- Software Engineer
- Technical Architect
- Analytics Engineer/Developer
- Data Engineer
- Enterprise Architect
- Solution Architect
PRESENT AT COGNITIVE BUILDER
Are you a development master? Do you have the need to share your knowledge with others? Or maybe you know someone who should show their technical know-how to the world? Apply to be a Master Sensei at the Cognitive Builder Faire.
We are actively seeking speakers for the following types of sessions:
Digital Transformation – Explore how businesses are undertaking digital transformations, rethinking what customers value most and creating operating models that take advantage of what's newly possible for competitive differentiation. Topics here will include services in strategy, design, cognitive and analytics, mobile and customer platforms.
Cognitive – Learn how to build cognitive computing into decisions and interactions. This stream will focus on how you can leverage Watson to build cognition into digital applications, products, and operations, using any one or combination of APIs. Topics here include Watson, the Watson IoT Platform, Industry solutions, and Cognitive IoT analytics.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstracts must be 2000 characters or less including references and spaces but not title and author listing. Whether the intent of the presentation is to present study or program evaluation results or to describe an approach that was taken toward dealing with an operational issue, the abstract should include the following:
• An informative title
• Background statement that explains why this topic is valuable to the attendee (e.g., what was the need, gap in knowledge, etc.).
• Skills gained from attending the tutorial (e.g. process improvements, technical advancement, clarity in understanding)
• Suggested skill level of attendee (e.g. beginner, intermediate, advanced)
Fill out the below form today to be considered for a Cognitive Builder Faire session slot!
Normal business hours
At the Cognitive Builder Spaces, you will be able to build cognitive products and applications on the Watson Cloud Platform. Bringing together local experts with Galvanize and IBM technical leaders, the spaces will allow you to engage with the local data science community in a collaborative and design-focused environment.
- Training sessions including cognitive and data science curriculums led by IBM, Galvanize and community experts.
- Office hours with local experts from the community on a variety of topics.
- Meetups, Hacknights, cognitive labs & demos, and data science competitions.
- Showcase events featuring applications built using Watson Cloud Platform.
Please fill out the below form to request space use or to get more information on the Cognitive Builder Spaces!
FREE LOCAL MEETUPS
Join other technology skilled individuals and learn how to add IBM Cognitive DSX and Watson tools to your development arsenal.
Try Data Science Experience powered by Bluemix
Now you can create value faster using the best of open source and IBM together. Built for data scientists by data scientists, the IBM Data Science Experience is a new cloud-based, social workspace that helps data professionals consolidate create and collaborate across multiple open source tools such as R and Python. Store data, run notebooks on Apache Spark, and continue to explore great content!
Go beyond artificial intelligence with Watson
With Watson APIs and solutions, businesses are already achieving outcomes – from improving customer engagement, to scaling expertise, to driving innovation and growth. Tap into the power of Watson through APIs that allow you to build cognition into your apps and products, whether it’s a web or native app, or even robotics. Explore products that can enhance and amplify human expertise in a range of industries.